Sunday, May 20, 2007

Spider-Man 3

For a rabid Spider-Man fan like myself, you'd be surprised to hear that I haven't been to see the 'Spider-Man 3' movie yet...

It's odd, but from what I've been able to find out (lots of hearsay) about this latest installment of the franchise, I get a feeling of ambivalence about it. I have this gut-wrenching feeling that I'm not going to like it much (disappointed, maybe?), yet every time I see a trailer for the movie on TV or online, I can't help saying 'Wow!' to myself... :) What's worse is that I always tell myself straight after seeing each trailer: "I've GOT to see the movie!" *lol*

Regardless, I know I will go see it (and probably soon). The notion of seeing how Sam Raimi has brought 'Venom' to life is just too powerful. And it doesn't hurt that I kinda like Topher Grace as an actor -- it will be interesting to see his take on playing a villain. :)

Matt, have you been to see it yet? I read in your blog how you and Jarret had planned to go and you had to pull out at the last minute due to a swim meet... did you reschedule? Care to give me your review/views on the movie? :)

And for those of you that can remember the old Spider-Man animated series, the theme lyrics are posted below. Enjoy. :)

Spider-Man Theme Lyrics
Words by Paul Francis Webster
Music by Bob Harris

Spider-Man, Spider-Man,
Does whatever a spider can
Spins a web, any size
Catches thieves just like flies
Look out!
Here comes the Spider-Man.

Is he strong?
Listen bud,
He's got radioactive blood.
Can he swing from a thread?
Take a look overhead
Hey, there
There goes the Spider-Man.

In the chill of night
At the scene of a crime
Like a streak of light
He arrives just in time.

Spider-Man, Spider-Man
Friendly neighborhood Spider-Man
Wealth and fame
He's ingnored
Action is his reward.

To him, life is a great big bang up
Whenever there's a hang up
You'll find the Spider-Man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did see Spidy... and enjoyed it.

 
footer